Performance Accountability for Programs Agencies and Service Systems
- Who are our customers, clients, people we serve? (e.g children in a child care program)
- How can we measure if our customers/clients are better off? (performance measures about client results – e.g. percent of children with good literacy skills)
- How can we measure if we are delivering service well? (e.g client staff ratio, unit cost, turnover rate etc.)
- How are we doing on the most important of these measures? Where have we been; where are we headed? (baselines and the story behind the baselines)
- Who are the partners who have a potential role to play in doing better?
- What works, what could work to do better than baseline? (best practices, best hunches, including partners’ contributions)
- What do we propose to do? (multi-year action plan and budget, including no-cost and low-cost items)